Wednesday, August 15, 2007

178 beats per minute - Does that mean a boy or a girl?

So, apparently, our baby has a healthy heart. And, according to this old wive's tale about the fetal heart rate predicting the sex, we are having a girl. Apparently, if the heart rate is 140+ beats per minute (BPM), it is a girl and under 140 BPM is a boy. However, I took the "Old Wive's Tale" quiz about predicting gender and it said based on my answers (7/10) that I was having a boy. Very interesting. Finally, to cover all my bases, I used an Ancient Chinese Birth Chart. Surprise, it's a girl!

If you would like to take the old wive's tale quiz and base it off of your prior pregnancies and then let me know the outcome, the link is:
http://pregnancy.about.com/library/quiz/boygirl/blboygirlquiz.htm

No comments: