Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 12: A new house, merged lives, and the delicate subject of painting while pregnant

Tomorrow, we close on our house. For the first time, we will have something that is ours. There is no "my place" or "your place" debate and Pete will always be in one place. Unless, of course, he's visiting friends in Thornton. We will have no backyard and I find myself already missing the long alley off of Rob's condo; we take Pete for walks back there and our next alley is not nearly as long. We will have no backyard to tend to, but instead a basement (aka the "gear closet") to organize and a laundry room.

Of course, with the all the walls being white, I want to paint. But, being pregnant, I am not supposed to do so as the fumes and chemicals are harmful. I have purchased paint for "our" bedroom and my office nook, but am not entirely sure who yet will do the painting.
We will see!

No comments: