Thursday, July 12, 2007

July 12, 2007: Reality?


So, I'm unemployed and without proper health insurance, but I'm going to have a baby, so everything will be okay, right? Needless to say, I have an appointment with the people at Medicaid. I should have no problems there and I was actually quite impressed with their website. It's near to my home and offers many classes and birthing options... Yikes, that part is going to hurt. A lot.

As my best friend Lauren said, "one day at a time." She's right. Besides, sometime yesterday afternoon, I achieved some sort of peace. Meanwhile, Rob achieved a certain level of drunkenness, with my permission, and he decided that he was really, really, really, really, happy. You get the idea; it's proof that his sperm work.

Ironically, my friend, Kief's status message was: Hot people get together and make little hot pockets. Is that weird or what? I have only told one other person and do not know when I am going to tell my family. I will probably wait until after my cousin's wedding in August. I don't want to be a topic of discussion. Rob will probably tell his family and best friend this week.

Meanwhile, I am trying to be healthy and stay active, though it's hard because I'm just tired, seemingly all the time. I'm hoping that this is not just psychological because that would be a true bummer. I want to be active; I am tired of being sleepy. I got winded climbing a flight of stairs today! I guess that this is better than morning sickness, right? Knock on wood!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't even worry about giving birth yet silly! In my personal opinion, that's what drugs are for. Trust me, I took every kind they'd give me the day Jack was born, and I took them as early as they'd let me. Besides, at the end, you don't care how they get that baby out so long as you can carry it in your arms instead!!

Megan said...

Thanks. I am sure this is something that will subside over time. Women all around the world end up having multiple babies, so I am sure that it cannot be too bad.